The Remote Adventure
What a great idea to combine two fantastic and very different treks. Firstly the rugged, empty beauty of the Knoydart peninsula and secondly the epic vastness of the Isle of Skye and its mountains (The Cuillins.)
Knoydart captures the imagination with its haunting glens and solitary peaks hidden from the everyday world. Spend three days walking through ancient forests, pure mountain rivers, behold mighty lochs and intimidating mountains looming above. To cap it all off walk into the little village of inverie accessible only by boat or by the long walk in and have a well deserved beer (or dram) at the most remote pub in the UK, The Old Forge Inn.
Skye cant help but impress even the most sceptical among us. The mighty Black Cuillin sits proud above as you start the walk into the impressive Glen Sligachan. One cant help but have a great feeling of awe upon entering the relm of the Cuillins and (for me anyway) the feeling never seems to go.
Spend 2 days trekking into the most awe inspiring parts of Skye, wild camp next to a hidden bay where seals are curious enough to come in and say hi. There literally is no place like it.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
What is included
- A Qualified, experienced, knowledgeable guide.
- Pick up and drop off from Edinburgh or Glasgow and all travel in between, including ferries.
- Lots of walking
- Campsite fees
- Tent, Stove, pots, plates, cutlery, cups.
- A wealth of information and stories about History, folklore, geography, geology etc mixed with plenty humour.
- Awesome views, photos and life changing experiences.
Bring an open mind and the spirit of adventure.
- A lot of people worry that they wont be fit enough or are too old for our trips.
- DON'T WORRY
- There is NO age limit here, all ages above 18 are welcome.
- We will always move at the pace of the slowest members of the group so you will NEVER be left behind. A level of Fitness, especially stamina however is very important. You will need to be able to walk for up to 8 hours per day with a heavy pack on. (trust me though, YOU CAN DO THIS)