Isle of Skye, The Highlands and Loch Ness - 3 Day Tour (Edinburgh)
From Edinburgh our Isle of Skye tour will head west to
collect our Glasgow passengers* and then make our first stop on this Skye tour
at the picturesque conservation village of Luss, on the ‘Bonny, Bonny’ banks of
Travelling north via Tyndrum we pass over the atmospheric
Rannoch Moor before enjoying time to admire the dramatic Glencoe valley, site
of the 1692 massacre of the MacDonald Clan.
After lunch in the Fort William area, our Isle of Skye tour will pause for photos at
Britain’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis, then stop to admire Glen Garry and the
stunning Five Sisters of Kintail mountain range.
Our journey ends in the charming village of Portree, on the
Isle of Skye, where we check into our accommodation.
After breakfast the Isle of Skye tour will depart Portree
for a full day’s touring - options include Dunvegan Castle*, or a trip to Uig
and a stop to visit Flora MacDonald’s grave and the unique Black Houses,
ancient dwellings of the Scottish Highlanders.
We continue our journey where we can view Duntulm Castle,
take photos of Kilt Rock and perhaps enjoy a walk at the Lealt Falls.
Our 3 day Isle of Skye tour ends with the opportunity to
admire the Old Man of Storr, before we return to Portree.
We commence our descent via the much-admired Eilean Donan
Castle*, backdrop for the movie, ‘Highlander’; (interior closed in winter) then
move on to the pretty loch-side village of Fort Augustus for lunch and views of
The Isle of Skye tour continues south over Laggan and the
Grampian mountains with our last stop, for refreshments, in the Victorian
resort town of Pitlochry, before returning to Edinburgh, where our Isle of Skye
PLEASE NOTE: Luggage is restricted to one piece per
*If the 3 day Isle of Skye tour has no Glasgow pick-ups it
will travel from Edinburgh via Stirling and will not visit Loch Lomond but
offer an alternative route.
*Eilean Donan Castle is closed in January. Other featured
castles are closed Oct-Mar. Alternatives will be offered.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 4 years|
What is included
Live commentary on board
Modern, air-conditioned coach
Digital Translations available to Download
Please ensure you bring your own face covering. Face coverings are mandatory in Scotland and will not be provided.
We recommend bringing:
· comfortable walking shoes
· waterproof jacket
· cash (ATM machines are limited in the remote Highlands)
· dinner reservations in Portree (in Summer, Portree is very busy and we recommend making reservations before you arrive)
...and don't forget your camera!
· Minimum age is 5 years
· This tour will have a maximum of 32 passengers
· This experience requires a minimum number of 4 travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
· Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
· Collapsible wheelchairs can be stored on board the coach
· Service animals allowed
· Near public transportation
· If booster seat is required, please request at the time of booking
· Confirmation will be received at time of booking
· You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity
Meeting Point Information
Your tour departs from outside the green Ensign Ewart pub, at 521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE.