Private Outlander Tour - 1 Day
Private tours are the best kind of Outlander Tour as we are able to create a truly personal experience for you and your guests. Check the availability of the date you would like to join us, using this booking calendar. We'll then get in touch to talk with you about the places you'd like to go.
Potential places to visit include:
Wentworth Prison (Linlithgow Palace)
Castle Leoch (Doune)
Midhope Castle (Lallybroch)
Fort William (Blackness)
Forth Rail Bridge and much more
Know before you go
- The Private Outlander Tour lasts around 8 hours.
- Times are dependent on local traffic conditions.
- Mary’s Meanders cannot be held responsible for any site closures, which sometimes happen at short notice. Suitable alternatives will be offered.
- Private tours are capped at 4 people, unless by prior arrangement.
- Please note that tour prices do not include admission fees to any paid sites, hotels, meals or tips.
- Many of the locations on this tour have uneven terrain or cobblestones and are not suitable for those with mobility restrictions.
What To Bring
- Your tour confirmation email
- Comfortable footwear, such as walking boots, trainers and sneakers
- Cash, credit card, or Historic Scotland Explorer Pass for entrance fees (see below)
- Camera, and a love of all things Outlandish.
We will meet you at Linlithgow Train station (9am April to September. 9:30am from October to March), just 10 minutes from Lallybroch, and a short 20 minute train ride from Edinburgh. (How to book a train ticket)
It is a small station and we are easy to spot as we will have blue or red jackets on with Mary’s Meanders on them and a big sign! We will be standing in the main car park which is the side you disembark from if coming from Edinburgh.
After visiting our last place on the tour, we will drive you back to Linlithgow Train Station at 5pm so you can return, by train to Edinbrugh and Glasgow.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|